It’s October– Breast Cancer Awareness Month—and we would like to officially invite all Turner Tech team members and network of extended friends to jump into both awareness and action!
Founded in 2005 as a 501(c) (3) non-profit, The Foundation for Living Beauty is a service-oriented organization dedicated to uplifting the lives of women living with cancer and cancer survivors. By offering innovative solutions to the challenges that women on their cancer journeys face daily, Living Beauty is able to realize its mission. All of our services are FREE for our Living Beauties and are located in California but open to women from all over the country. Services include wellness retreats, sisterhood support events, integrative therapy workshops and other supportive services including financial assistance and library of resources and referrals.
How You (and Family & Friends) Can Help
Do some early holiday shopping or shopping for yourself and/or for any special women in your life and help support Living Beauty during this challenging time. Several of The Foundation for Living Beauty’s partners have created virtual shopping experiences to support Living Beauty and our programs and services for women with cancer:
- The Detox Market has filled a limited-edition Beauty Box filled with fabulous organic and natural products, and one hundred percent of the proceeds benefit Living Beauty. To purchase, visit www.thedetoxmarket.com.
- Throughout October, Stila Cosmetics hosts Sarah’s Favorites, the favorite products of Stila’s Global Executive Director of Creative Artistry and a Living Beauty Sarah Lucero. Visit www.stilacosmetics.com and shop Sarah’s favorites on their home page. You’ll get a discount and Living Beauty will receive proceeds from your purchase!
- Stella McCartney is sharing her fall fashion collection and a percentage of your purchase will benefit Living Beauty. To virtually shop, email Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purchase Les Fleurs parfum from Byredo through their new Melrose Avenue Store and 100% of the proceeds will benefit Living Beauty.
- For the month of October, purchase a bra from The Little Bra Company’s Think Pink collection at www.thelittlebracompany.com, and a percentage of the proceeds will also benefit Living Beauty!
Participate in a note writing campaign to encourage our Living Beauties! Nancy, the Executive Director, will be providing Ellen (and anyone else) with packs of 10 blank notecards for handwritten words of encouragement and will later disseminate these cards to women in moments of their greatest need. If you are interested in helping out with this simple but important initiative, please contact Nancy (email@example.com)
Spread the word about The Foundation for Living Beauty and share this article and opportunities with them.
Whether it is for you or someone else, there are lots of ways to shop to support women with cancer this month! For more information, visit Living Beauty’s website at www.livingbeauty.org. Thank you for listening and for your caring engagement.